By Amanda McBride
The Choctaw Plaindealer
The Ackerman Board of Aldermen held their regularly scheduled meeting on April 1.
Ward 1 Alderman Willie Miller was absent from this meeting.
The Board of Aldermen approved:
- Resignation of Guyton Montgomery as full-time police officer and to declare the position vacant as of April 13. Police Chief Kevin Stark said Montgomery will stay on as part-time officer.
- To advertise for a full-time certified police office for the Ackerman Police Department.
- To advertise for a public hearing for the 2014 CDBG Project.
- Resolution to apply for a $400,000 CAP loan for the CDBG project. The loan application is only for the CDBG project application at this time.
- Part-time summer help for the Public Works Department.
The next regularly scheduled Board of Aldermen meeting will be May 6 at 6 p.m. at Town Hall. The board meets the first Tuesday of every month.