By Staff and Press Reports
The Choctaw County School Board held their monthly meeting on November 7. According to Superintendent Glen Beard the following discussions, consent agenda and financial agenda were approved.
The School Board also recognized teachers with high performing MCT2 test scores.
In discussion, the following was approved:
• Discussed and made motion on the Comprehensive Needs Assessment 2013 – 2014.
• Discuss and make motion on updated Board policy CC – Organizational Charts.
• Discuss and make motion on the Title VI Rural and Low-Income School Program
Application FY 2014.
• Discuss and approve specifications and authorize soliciting bids for the renovation of the
culinary arts facility.
• Discuss and approve specifications and authorize soliciting bids for equipping the culinary
The consent agenda was approved:
• Approve employee Workshop/Conference requests.
• Maureen Power to attend Legally Sound Solutions in Jackson, MS.
• Maureen Power to attend IDEA Discipline/ Manifestation Determination Review in Oxford,
• Morgan Scribner to attend AHER/LEA in Starkville, MS.
• Cheryl Doss to Goals Training for Administrators in Gulfport, MS.
• Kristy Camp to Fall Ag Teacher’s Workshop at MSU.
• Andy Young and Paul Courtney to Easton Baseball Conference in Philadelphia, MS.
• Ronda Huffman to Fall Secondary CTE Updates at HCC in Rankin, MS.
• Approve field trip requests.
• AES students to Louisville for Accelerated Reading celebration.
• AES 2nd and 3rd grade Pace to MSU.
• CCCTC AEST students to MSU Agriculture Department.
• FCE 1st Grade to Disney on Ice in Tupelo, MS.
• WES – Kindergarten to China Garden in Starkville, MS.
• Approve CCHS Yearbook staff fundraiser request
• Approve fundraiser request for CCHS Softball team.
• Approve fundraiser change request for the FCE PTO.
• Approve request for CCHS Beta Club to sponsor a book drive for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
• Approve travel reimbursement change request.
• Approve resignation of Jennie Bridges from CCHS Social Studies position effective
December 20, 2013.
• Approve resignation of David Frazier as custodian for the Ackerman Elementary School.
• Approve request to accept donated computer equipment.
The financial agenda was approved:
•. Approved the request from Lelia Chandler to pay two bills and the immediate issuance of the checks.
• Approve docket of claims
• Absentee report
• Substitute report
• Approve diesel bids and the immediate payment thereof.
• Request for fixed asset disposal.
• Financial statements
The next regularly scheduled School Board meeting will be Monday, December 9 at 7 p.m. in the boardroom at Central Office in Ackerman.